One of the biggest first world problems is seeing your low battery notification pop-up on your phone. You know the end is near but you’re not sure when you’ll be close to an outlet. Don’t fear. I have compiled a short list of ways to keep your phone alive longer.
1. Adjust your BRIGHTNESS to the lowest setting. This will almost double the battery life of your phone.
2. Keep your phone WARM. Cold temperatures tend to drain your battery faster.
3. Get a portable charger. This is HUGE and has saved me on multiple occasions. I recommend the All Terrain+ by myCharge, which is water-proof, temperature proof, dirt-proof and shock-proof. So whether you’re enjoying a sunny day in Miami or a rainy day in Seattle, you will always stay connected.
Unlike other chargers, this device arrives PRE-CHARGED. So, you can use it right away.
4. Don’t overcharge. We are all guilty of it. The phone reached a 100% charge, but we kept it on the charger. This actually makes your battery weaker over time.
5. Turn on LOW BATTERY MODE. This will limit certain apps, so you can retain your battery.
BONUS: Use GOOGLE MAPS while traveling. Using data takes up a significant amount of battery life, but you can download a map/your area to your device and navigate offline. Yourself (well…..a dot on the map) will be shown as you move toward your destination.
I hope that helps! How do you conserve your battery while traveling? As always, let’s keep the conversation going on Twitter.