“So Put Me On a Plane and Let’s Fly Anywhere” – Loren B.
I noticed after a couple years of dating: dinner and a movie was not cutting it anymore. I have a huge desire to experience different things. So I logged on to one of my favorite websites: The Flight Deal. This is the holy grail of all fight websites because I found a round-trip ticket flight to BRAZIL for $272 ROUND-TRIP.
**Follow my Instagram page and you will be connected to these deals as well.
That’s right. It was less than $300 to Brazil and back. Usually, these tickets are worth somewhere between $1200-$1400. When I think of Brazil, I think of Rio! This flight deal, however, was destined for Iguazu Falls. With a google search, I quickly realized this is probably one of the best places in the world to go.
These waterfalls are epic. It consists of over 275 waterfalls and classified as one of the Natural World Wonders. Breathtaking~
Things to Know Before Heading to the Iguaza Falls
1. The park is located one stop away from the airport. The airport is small and should take you less than 8 minutes to get to the park via bus or taxi. Cash is king!
2. There are lockers at the park and they are huge. They will fit even the biggest suitcase. They are located on the left side of the ticket booth. You will get a token for your locker. Note: Once it’s locked, it can only be reopened once. So please make sure you have all your valuables.
3. Wear a jacket. It will be windy and with a good chance of rainfall, so it’s better to carry more clothes than less. I would recommend a windbreaker, gloves, and a scarf. They are easy to wear and put away. If you decide to do a water excursion, definitely pack a pancho or even a change of clothes. You’ll get drenched!
4. Bring your best camera, even if it’s a smartphone. No judgment. You’ll want the best pictures even if you’re not a picture person.
5. You should allocate 3 hours for the park to do it justice. You can do the park in less time, but note that you have to get to the national park, wait in line to buy your ticket, and then take another bus (included in the price) to the location of the waterfalls.
6. There are several places to eat at the national park. When you buy your tickets, there is a café with hot sandwiches, snacks and beverages. When you get off the bus and walk closer to the falls, there is a smaller snack shop. If you walk to the end of the park, there is a nice restaurant that serves a buffet . You will have a view of the Argentina on top of the falls and it is gorgeous. There is also a fast food style restaurant for Westernized style burger and fries. Finally, my favorite spot to eat would be at the Hotel das Cataratas.
7. Hotel das Cataratas is a luxury hotel located in the park. It’s pink and right across from the trails to walk down to the park. Definitely stop here for lunch. It’s fine dining on a budget and they will give you a complimentary wifi access code upon request. Note: one wifi code per device. Spa amenities also available on site.
I still made it to Rio, but that’s another blog for another day.
Enjoy the flight deals, you won’t regret it!